01/5Scrumptious ladoos for winter season
Winters are here and so is the time to indulge in comfort foods which are not only delicious but will also keep you warm for long. Made with jaggery instead of sugar, here are some healthy laddoos which will not only give you a good dose of nutrition but will also satiate your sweet cravings. You can easily savour a laddoo in your breakfast and it will give you enough energy for the rest of the day as well. So, if you too have a sweet tooth, here are some super easy laddoo recipes tailor-made for you.
Ingredients required- ½ cup bajra, ½ cup ragi, ½ cup wheat flour, 1 cup jaggery, 2 tbsp ghee, 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds and a few crushed cashews.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai and roast the flours on medium flame till the raw smell goes away.
- Side by side, melt jaggery in a pan along with ¼ cup water. Let it thicken and simmer for a while.
- Now add the syrup to the roasted flour by continuously stirring it to prevent formation of lumps.
- Add pumpkin seeds and crushed cashews. Mix everything well.
- Let the mixture cool down for a while and later make laddoos from it.
- Store in an airtight container and they’ll easily last a week.
Ingredients required- 20 seedless dates, 2 tbsp powdered coconut, ¼ cup chopped nuts, 1 tbsp flax seeds.
- Dry roast nuts and flax seeds in a pan. Set them aside to cool them down.
- Put the dates in a glass bowl and microwave them for one minute.
- Now add the dates and powdered coconut in the blender. Grind until a coarse paste is formed.
- Mix nuts and seeds in the mixture.
- Now take small portions and roll them into laddoos. You can also roll them into powdered coconut to get rid of the stickiness.
Ingredients required- 1 cup oats, 1 cup jaggery, ½ cup freshly grated coconut, ¼ cup water, 1 tbsp ghee, a pinch of elaichi powder and a few raisins.
- Take a pan and dry roast the oats. Once cooled down, blend to form a coarse powder.
- Now, in a pan add jaggery, water and coconut. Stir till jaggery melts completely.
- Add powdered oats and elaichi powder, mix well and turn off the flame.
- Now add ghee and raisins to the mixture.
- Make small laddoos from the mixture and store in an airtight jar.
05/5Dry Fruit Laddoo
Ingredients required- ½ cup cashews, ½ cup almonds, ½ cup pistachios, 6-7 figs, 4-5 dates, 1 tbsp ghee and ½ cup raisins.
- Lightly roast cashews, almonds and pistachios in a pan.
- Now roast figs and dates as well.
- Add to a mixer and blend to form a coarse paste.
- Add a tbsp of ghee and mix well.
- Take small portions and make laddoos.
- Enjoy these soft, delicious and healthy laddoos anytime you want.